Staff Perfusionist - UCLA *$5000 Sign-on Bonus*
$5000.00 Sign-on Bonus
Any candidate who goes through Perfusion Life will receive a $5000.00 sign-on Bonus.
Under the order of the Attending Physician, the Perfusionist provides patient care in the form of support services of extracorporeal circulation and/or oxygenation, myocardial and/or organ protection and preservation, blood component and drug/fluid administration. This includes assembly and operation of the heart-lung machine and extracorporeal circuits, operation of heater, coolers and cardioplegia delivery systems, also blood concentrators, coagulation monitors and long term assist devices, etc. This may include operation of devices such as adult IABP, VAS, ECMO and CPS.
- ABCP/CCP within 24mth from graduation date.
- Degree: BA/BS required from ABCP (American Board Cardiovascular Perfusion) recognized program.
- Perfusionist: 6 months of pediatric and adult experience preferred.
- Sr. Perfusionist: 24 months of adult and 6 mths pediatric experience required.
- Equipment required to do the job
- Constant : - Variety of Heart-Lung machines, Centrifugal pumps, Intra-operative Auto transfusion Devices, Blood saturation monitors, Hemodynamic Pressure Transducers, Anticoagulation monitors.
- Frequent : IABP, Variety of Implantable Ventricular Assist Devices, ECMO (Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation)
Full-time, Per diem
Beginning of employment
Los Angeles, CA
Monday through Sunday Including but not limited to 1500-2300, flexible scheduling (weekends and variable shift length included)
$144,000-$228,000 Per year
June 2, 2021