$10,000.00 Sign-on Bonus
Any candidate who goes through Perfusion Life will receive an additional $5000.00 sign-on Bonus.
Under the general supervision of the chief perfusionist and attending physician, the BJH perfusionist provides cardiopulmonary and mechanical circulatory support for patients with emphasis on complex procedures including support for heart failure and non-cardiac procedures and level 1 trauma support.
- Under the supervision of an attending physician, administers pharmaceuticals, transfuses blood products, and participates in the evaluation of advanced technological equipment to assess effectiveness and/or improvements to patient care
- Conducts cardiopulmonary bypass by developing specific perfusion care plans relative to cardiac conditions such as heart failure, heart/lung transplantation parameters and appropriate ventricular assist device selection and support
- Selects, initiates, provides support and troubleshooting. for extracorporeal membrane systems, ventricular assist devices utilizing evidence-based practices
- Performs dynamic inter-hospital transportation of mechanically supported patients. Duties include conversion of support platforms, component troubleshooting and change out, collaboration with transport team members and coordinate of patient care and safety as well as support of patients in procedural area
- Designs, implements and participates in the education and training program for cardiopulmonary bypass and extracorporeal support specialists, physicians, and critical support personnel. Set up and trouble shoots a variety of mechanical support devices. Participates in education of perfusion. students through clinical affiliations (accredited perfusion education programs)
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function. of this job
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experienced CCP's and new grad's all encouraged
- ABCP Certified
- CPR Certified
- Licensed Perfusionist/ New Grad Provisional License
Adam Clark: (919)302-6255, Adam@perfusionlife.com