$5000.00 Sign-on Bonus
Any candidate who goes through Perfusion Life will receive a $5000.00 sign-on Bonus.
Operates cardiopulmonary bypass equipment, including cell saving devices during any medical or surgical situation where it is necessary to support a patient's cardiopulmonary function. Collaborates with the surgeons and other healthcare professionals to perform designated duties in the cardiovascular service line and/or perioperative suite.
- Collects, analyzes and integrates patient data from a wide variety of sources in order to make clinical judgments, recommendations and identify actual or potential care problems.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- In collaboration with the surgical team is accountable for using research findings to optimize patient outcomes. Participates in the research process to discover, examine and test knowledge, theories and creative approaches to practice.
- Operates heart-lung machine during bypass procedures. Administers drugs, blood and electrolyte solution and maintains arterial and venous pressure, blood gas values, electrolyte balance, acid base balance, volume hematocrit and patient temperature in collaboration with the surgeon and anesthesiologist when appropriate. Responsible for maintenance of all perfusion related equipment.
- Participates in meetings and on committees and represents the department and hospital in community outreach efforts.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responds to emergency situations with sound judgment, compassion and expediency. Supports other departments in emergency situations including but not limited to the need for cardiac assist devices.
- Responsible for intermittent monitoring of Stand By cases for patient safety and assisting the OR team.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and current (within 24 hours - next work day) database entry. Assists with data entry for the CV service line database as necessary.
- Sets up and maintains autotransfusion in the perioperative suite, ventricular assist devices and cardiopulmonary support as needed.
- Completion of an accredited Perfusion program
- 1 year clinical perfusionist experience preferred.
- State License required; Certified by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion or board eligible within 2 years of hire. CPR required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Technical communication skills and professionalism. Verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills preferred.
Adam Clark: (919)302-6255, Adam@perfusionlife.com